Welcome to https://thediamondart.com/ (the "Site"), a website operated by Online Diamonds International Corporation d/b/a The Diamond Art ("The Diamond Art", "we", "us", or "our"). We provide an online service for buying diamonds and other merchandise ("Products") through the Site (the ability to purchase Products and all other services made available through the Site, the "Services"). The Diamond Art was established as an alternative to the overpriced and stressful diamond buying options available today. With hyper-engaged customer service, guidance, and transparency, we provide our customers with the right diamond given their budget and unique needs.
3. PAYMENT. You agree to pay all fees or charges to your Account, including the fees associated with the purchase of any Products, in accordance with the fees, charges, and billing terms in effect at the time a fee or charge is due and payable. You may elect to pay with a valid credit card (Visa, MasterCard, or any other issuer accepted by us) or if made avialable through the Site, a bank wire or third party financing options (each of your credit card issuer, your bank and the third party lender, a "Payment Provider"). Your Payment Provider agreement governs your use of the designated credit card, bank wire or financing arrangement and you must refer to that agreement and not these Terms to determine your rights and liabilities. By providing us with your credit card number, bank wire information or authorization to use any financing secured through the third party lender, you agree that we are authorized to immediately seek payment from your Payment Provider for all fees and charges due and payable to us hereunder and that no additional notice or consent is required. To pay for an Order, you will need to provide The Diamond Art with the information necessary to process an Order from you, including your shipping address and billing information.
(a) Special Terms Applicable to Third Party Financing. If made available through the Site, you may elect to purchase Products using a third party lender. You may learn more about the third party financing available through the Site at diamondforprincesses.com/financing . The third party lender establishes and approves: (i) the criteria, procedures and methods used to accept and evaluate credit applications; (ii) the applicable rates, fees, terms and condition of all financed accounts and (c) whether any applications for financing are approved and funded. You acknowledge, that we do not guarantee that third party financing options will be available through the Site, that funds will be made available to you through any designated third party lender and that we are not responsible for any act or omission of any third party lender, including any decision to finance or not finance your purchase.
4. PRICING AND PRODUCTS. We make efforts to display our products accurately and to provide accurate information, including pricing information, regarding our Products. We do not guarantee that products or information about them are displayed accurately. We cannot confirm the price of an item until you place an Order. Despite our best efforts, a small number of the items on our Site may be mispriced. We are not responsible for typographical errors regarding price or any other matter. All prices do not include shipping and handling or sales taxes, if applicable, which will be added to your total purchase price. You are responsible for the payment of any shipping and handling charges and state and local sales or use taxes that may apply to your Order. Having said that, the displayed colors of the products will depend upon your monitor and we cannot guarantee that your monitor will accurately portray the actual colors of the Products. Products displayed may be out-of-stock or discontinued, and prices are subject to change.
5. PROMOTIONAL OFFERS. We may run promotional offers from time to time on the Site. The terms of any such promotion will be posted on the Site. Unless otherwise indicated, we may establish and modify, in our sole discretion, the terms of such offer and end such offer at any point.
6. REFUNDS AND RETURNS. Our return policy can be found here.
8. RULES REGARDING INFORMATION AND OTHER CONTENT. When you access the Site and/or Services, you obtain access to various kinds of information and materials, all of which we call "Content." As part of the Services, you may be able to upload onto the Site certain Content, for example reviews. You are entirely responsible for each individual item of Content that you post on the Site and, as between you and us, you retain ownership and any intellectual property rights in the Content you post. You grant us a non-exclusive, royalty-free, fully paid, fully sublicenseable, worldwide license, under any and all of your copyright and other intellectual property rights related to that Content. You agree that any such Content or any derivative works, except for any personally identifiable information you submit in regards to your Account or an Order, may be disseminated, distributed, publicly displayed, reproduced, used, sublicensed, posted, or published by us, and searched, displayed, printed or otherwise used or exploited by our customers. To the extent you include personally identifiable information in forums on the Site, we will not be liable for such disclosure. You agree not to revise Content posted by others, and you represent and warrant that you will not post or use any Content in any manner that:
Infringes the copyright, trademark, trade secret, or other intellectual property or proprietary right of others;
Violates the privacy, publicity, or other rights of third parties or any other law, statute, ordinance or regulation;
Is false or inaccurate or becomes false or inaccurate at any time;
May be harmful to minors;
Is discriminatory, unlawful, tortious, obscene, fraudulent, defamatory, harmful, threatening, pornographic, indecent, vulgar, harassing, discourteous, hateful, abusive or racially, ethnically, religiously, sexually or otherwise offensive, as determined by us in our sole discretion;
Does, or is intended, to stalk, harass or harm another individual;
Discloses or provides information protected under any law, agreement or fiduciary relationship, including but not limited to proprietary or confidential information of others;
Misrepresents your identity in any way, including through the impersonation of others;
Contains any viruses, Trojan horses, spyware. malware, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, or other disabling devices or other harmful component intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information;
Advocates or encourages any illegal activity; or
Has the potential to create liability for us or cause us to violate the requirements of or to lose the services, in whole or in part, of our Internet service providers or other suppliers.
9. General Rules of User Conduct. It is our goal to make access to our Site and Services a good experience for all of our users. You agree not to, and represent and warrant that you will not use, reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit any portion of the Site or Services, your use of the Site or Services, or access to the Site or Services for any purposes other than for which the Site or Services are being provided to you, or do any of the following:
Conduct or promote any illegal activities while using the Site or Services;
Attempt to reverse engineer or jeopardize the correct functioning of the Site, or otherwise attempt to derive the source code of the software (including the tools, methods, processes, and infrastructure) that enables or underlies the Site;
Attempt to gain access to secured portions of the Site or Services to which you do not possess access rights;
Interfere in any way with the proper functioning of the Site and Services or interfere with or disrupt any servers or networks connected to the Site or Services, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Site or Services;
Use any robot, spider, other automatic device, or manual process to extract, "screen scrape," monitor, "mine," or copy any static or dynamic web page on the Site or the Content contained on any such web page for commercial use without our prior express written permission;
Mirror or frame the Site or any Content, place pop-up windows over its pages, or otherwise affect the display of its pages.
10. FEEDBACK. In the event that you provide us any ideas, thoughts, criticisms, suggested improvements or other feedback related to Products, the Site or the Services (collectively "Feedback"), you agree we may use the Feedback to modify our Products and Services and that you will not be due any compensation, including any royalty related to the product or service that incorporates your Feedback. You grant to us a worldwide, royalty-free, fully paid, perpetual, irrevocable license to use, reproduce, modify, translate, distribute, perform, display, import, sell, offer for sale, make, have made and otherwise exploit the Feedback in any form, media, or technology, whether now known or hereafter developed, and to allow others to do the same. This is true whether you provide the Feedback on the Site or through any other method of communication with us, unless we have entered into a separate agreement with you that provides otherwise.
11. MODIFICATIONS TO THE SITE OR SERVICES. We reserve the right to modify or discontinue the Site or Services with or without notice to you. We will not be liable to you or any third party should we exercise our right to modify or discontinue the Site and/or Services. If you object to any such changes, your sole recourse will be to cease access to the Site or Services. Continued access to the Site or Services following notice of any such changes will indicate your acknowledgement of such changes and satisfaction with the Site or Services as so modified. You agree that we, in our sole discretion, may immediately terminate your access to the Site and Services at any time, for any reason, in our sole discretion. YOU AGREE THAT WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PARTY FOR ANY TERMINATION OF YOUR ACCESS TO THE SITE OR SERVICES.
13. Third Party Content and Other Websites. Content from other users, suppliers, advertisers, and other third parties may be made available to you through the Site and/or the Services. Because we do not control such content, you agree that we are not responsible for any such content. We do not make any guarantees about the accuracy, currency, suitability, or quality of the information in such content, and we assume no responsibility for unintended, objectionable, inaccurate, misleading, or unlawful content made available by other users, advertisers, and other third parties or any violation of any third party rights related to such content. The Site and Services may contain links to websites not operated by us. We are not responsible for the content, products, materials, or practices (including privacy practices) of such websites. We make no warranty, representation, endorsement, or guarantee regarding, and accept no responsibility for, the quality, content, nature or reliability of third party websites, products or services accessible by hyperlink or otherwise from the Site or Services. We provide these links for your convenience only and we do not control such websites. Our inclusion of links to such websites does not imply any endorsement of the materials on such third party websites or any association with their operators. YOU AGREE THAT IN NO EVENT WILL WE BE LIABLE TO YOU IN CONNECTION WITH ANY WEBSITES, CONTENT, PRODUCTS, MATERIALS, OR PRACTICES OF ANY THIRD PARTY.
15. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT WE ARE ONLY WILLING TO SELL THE PRODUCTS AND PROVIDE ACCESS TO THE SITE AND SERVICES IF YOU AGREE TO CERTAIN LIMITATIONS OF OUR LIABILITY TO YOU AND TO THIRD PARTIES. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL WE OR OUR OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, DIRECTORS, PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, AGENTS OR LICENSORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF REVENUES, PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA, LOST OPPORTUNITIES, OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTIONS OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES (EVEN IF SUCH PARTIES WERE ADVISED OF, KNEW OF OR SHOULD HAVE KNOWN OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, AND NOTWITHSTANDING THE FAILURE OF ESSENTIAL PURPOSE OF ANY LIMITED REMEDY), ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO YOUR USE OF OR ACCESS TO, OR THE INABILITY TO USE OR TO ACCESS, THE SITE OR THE SERVICES, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES ARE BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE AND STRICT LIABILITY), WARRANTY, STATUTE OR OTHERWISE. WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES ARISING FROM THE TRANSACTIONS BETWEEN YOU AND THIRD PARTY MERCHANTS OR FOR ANY INFORMATION APPEARING ON THIRD PARTY MERCHANT SITES OR ANY OTHER SITE LINKED TO OUR SITE. IF YOU ARE DISSATISFIED WITH ANY PORTION OF THIS SITE OR THE SERVICES, YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY IS TO DISCONTINUE USE OF THE SITE AND THE SERVICES. OUR TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ALL CLAIMS ARISING FROM OR RELATED TO THE SITE OR THE SERVICES IS LIMITED, IN AGGREGATE, TO THE GREATER OF (I) THE TOTAL AMOUNT OF FEES YOU PAID TO US RELATED TO THE APPLICALE ORDER GIVING RISE TO OUR LIABILITY AND (II) ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS (U.S. $100.00). Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of certain warranties or the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages.
Accordingly, some of the above limitations and disclaimers may not apply to you. To the extent that we may not, as a matter of applicable law, disclaim any implied warranty or limit liabilities, the scope and duration of such warranty and the extent of our liability will be the minimum permitted under such applicable law.
Without limiting the foregoing, under no circumstances WILL WE or our licensors be held liable for any delay or failure in performance resulting directly or indirectly from acts of nature, forces, or causes beyond our reasonable control, including, without limitation, Internet failures, computer equipment failures, telecommunication equipment failures, other equipment failures, electrical power failures, strikes, labor disputes, riots, insurrections, civil disturbances, shortages of labor or materials, fires, floods, storms, explosions, acts of God, war, governmental actions, orders of domestic or foreign courts or tribunals, OR non-performance of third parties.
Some states do not allow exclusion of implied warranties, so these exclusions may not apply in individual cases. You may have additional rights that vary from state to state. To the extent that we may not, as a matter of applicable law, disclaim any implied warranty, the scope and duration of such warranty will be the minimum permitted under such applicable law.
17. RELEASE. You hereby release The Diamond Art, its officers, employees, agents and successors from claims, demands any and all losses, damages, rights, claims, and actions of any kind including, without limitation, personal injuries, death, and property damage, that is either directly or indirectly related to or arises from (i) your use of the Site, or (ii) your purchase of any Product(s). You hereby waive California Civil Code Section 1542, which states: "A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his favor at the time of executing the release, which, if known by him must have materially affected his settlement with the debtor" and you waive any other similar provision of the laws of any other applicable jurisdiction.
18. COPYRIGHT VIOLATIONS. We respect the intellectual property of others, and we ask you to do the same. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide our copyright agent the following information:
An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest;
A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
A description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Site or Services;
Your address, telephone number, and email address;
A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf.
21. ARBITRATION AGREEMENT AND JURY TRIAL WAIVER, CLASS ACTION WAIVER, AND FORUM SELECTION CLAUSE
(a) Any and all controversies, disputes, demands, counts, claims, or causes of action (including the interpretation and scope of this clause, and the arbitrability of the controversy, dispute, demand, count, claim, or cause of action) between you and The Diamond Art or The Diamond Art’ employees, agents, successors, or assigns, will exclusively be settled through binding and confidential arbitration.
(b) Arbitration will be subject to the Federal Arbitration Act and not any state arbitration law. The arbitration will be conducted before one commercial arbitrator with substantial experience in resolving commercial contract disputes from the American Arbitration Association ("AAA"). As modified by this Agreement, and unless otherwise agreed upon by the parties in writing, the arbitration will be governed by the AAA’s Commercial Arbitration Rules and, if the arbitrator deems them applicable, the Supplementary Procedures for Consumer Related Disputes (collectively "Rules and Procedures").
(c) You are thus GIVING UP YOUR RIGHT TO GO TO COURT to assert or defend your rights EXCEPT for matters that may be taken to small claims court. Your rights will be determined by a NEUTRAL ARBITRATOR and NOT a judge or jury. You are entitled to a FAIR HEARING, BUT the arbitration procedures are SIMPLER AND MORE LIMITED THAN RULES APPLICABLE IN COURT. Arbitrator decisions are as enforceable as any court order and are subject to VERY LIMITED REVIEW BY A COURT.
(d) You and The Diamond Art must abide by the following rules: (i) ANY CLAIMS BROUGHT BY YOU OR The Diamond Art MUST BE BROUGHT IN THE PARTIES’ INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY, AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING; (ii) THE ARBITRATOR MAY NOT CONSOLIDATE MORE THAN ONE PERSON’S CLAIMS, MAY NOT OTHERWISE PRESIDE OVER ANY FORM OF A REPRESENTATIVE OR CLASS PROCEEDING, AND MAY NOT AWARD CLASS-WIDE RELIEF, (iii) in the event that you are able to demonstrate that the costs of arbitration will be prohibitive as compared to costs of litigation,The Diamond Art will pay as much of your filing and hearing fees in connection with the arbitration as the arbitrator deems necessary to prevent the arbitration from being cost-prohibitive as compared to the cost of litigation, (iv) The Diamond Art also reserves the right in its sole and exclusive discretion to assume responsibility for all of the costs of the arbitration; (v) the arbitrator will honor claims of privilege and privacy recognized at law; (vi) the arbitration will be confidential, and neither you nor we may disclose the existence, content or results of any arbitration, except as may be required by law or for purposes of enforcement of the arbitration award; (vii) the arbitrator may award any individual relief or individual remedies that are permitted by applicable law; and (viii) each side pays its own attorneys’ fees and expenses unless there is a statutory provision that requires the prevailing party to be paid its fees’ and litigation expenses, and then in such instance, the fees and costs awarded will be determined by the applicable law.
(e) Notwithstanding the foregoing, either you or The Diamond Art may bring an individual action in small claims court. Further, claims of defamation, violation of the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act, and infringement or misappropriation of the other party’s patent, copyright, trademark, or trade secret will not be subject to this arbitration agreement. Such claims will be exclusively brought in the state or federal courts located in New York, New York. Additionally, notwithstanding this agreement to arbitrate, either party may seek emergency equitable relief before the state or federal courts located in New York, New York in order to maintain the status quo pending arbitration, and hereby agree to submit to the exclusive personal jurisdiction of the courts located within New York, New York for such purpose. A request for interim measures will not be deemed a waiver of the right to arbitrate.
(f) With the exception of subparts 21 (a) and (b) in the paragraph 21. (d) above (prohibiting arbitration on a class or collective basis), if any part of this arbitration provision is deemed to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal, or otherwise conflicts with the Rules and Procedures, then the balance of this arbitration provision will remain in effect and will be construed in accordance with its terms as if the invalid, unenforceable, illegal or conflicting provision were not contained herein. If, however, either subpart (a) or (b) is found to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal, then the entirety of this arbitration provision will be null and void, and neither you nor The Diamond Art will be entitled to arbitration. If for any reason a claim proceeds in court rather than in arbitration, the dispute will be exclusively brought in state or federal court in San Francisco County, California.
(g) For more information on AAA, its Rules and Procedures, and how to file an arbitration claim, you may call AAA at 800-778-7879 or visit the AAA website at http://www.adr.org.
22. Choice Of Law. The Agreement is made under and will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New York, consistent with the Federal Arbitration Act, without giving effect to any principles that provide for the application of the law of another jurisdiction.
23. Entire Agreement. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between you and us regarding the use of the Site and Services. Our failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision of this Agreement will not operate as a waiver of such right or provision. The section titles in this Agreement are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect. The word including means including, without limitation. If any provision of this Agreement is, for any reason, held to be invalid or unenforceable, the other provisions of this Agreement will be unimpaired and the invalid or unenforceable provision will be deemed modified so that it is valid and enforceable to the maximum extent permitted by law. Your relationship to us is that of an independent contractor, and neither party is an agent or partner of the other. This Agreement, and your rights and obligations herein, may not be assigned, subcontracted, delegated, or otherwise transferred by you without The Diamond Art's prior written consent, and any attempted assignment, subcontract, delegation, or transfer in violation of the foregoing will be null and void. The terms of this Agreement will be binding upon assignees.
24. Copyright/Trademark Information. Copyright © The Diamond Art. All rights reserved. All trademarks, logos and service marks ("Marks") displayed on the Site are our property or the property of other third parties. You are not permitted to use these Marks without our prior written consent or the consent of such third party which may own the Marks.
LAST UPDATED: August,03 2017.